Welcome to the web site of the Essex Association of Change Ringers
Founded at Writtle, near Chelmsford, in 1879 the Association predates the Diocese of Chelmsford by some 35 years. Its boundaries are those of the old county of Essex prior to 1st April 1965. With a membership of over 1000, the Association is committed to the furtherance of the work of the Church by ringing bells, promoting bells and bell ringers, and keeping the bells of Essex churches ringing. This is achieved by giving help and advice in the maintenance of bell installations, by making grants available for restoration and improvement projects, and by offering opportunities for training and advancement in 'method ringing'.
- Essex Young Ringers: We have recently set up a Young Ringers’ group which practices once a month. More information can be found in our Young Ringers section. Please encourage your young ringers to join in!
- Commemorating fallen ringers on the Every Man Remembered website: The Every Man Remembered website, run by the Royal British Legion, is working with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to keep alive the memory of those who fell in the First World War, for future generations.
- Great Totham bells (3 days, 13 hours ago)
- Young ringers required - 8th October, Dedication at Walthamstow S Mary (2 weeks, 5 days ago)
- Essex Young Ringers Practice on Sunday 25 September and Outing on Saturday 15 October (1 month ago)
- Brenda Clayden (1 month ago)
- Last Call for the Association Dinner (1 month ago)
Recent Association peals
- 5088 Bristol Surprise Major Rung on Friday, 21 October 2016 at Great Dunmow (St Mary the Virgin), Essex.
- 5040 Surprise Minor Rung on Wednesday, 19 October 2016 at Orsett (St Giles and All Saints), Essex.
- 5152 Kettonby Surprise Major Rung on Sunday, 16 October 2016 at Terling (All Saints), Essex.
- 5040 Spliced Surprise Minor (30m) Rung on Saturday, 15 October 2016 at Inworth (All Saints), Essex.
- 5040 Doubles Rung on Thursday, 13 October 2016 at Little Horkesley (SS Peter and Paul), Essex.
Further information can be obtained from the Hon. General Secretary , or in the Association's Annual Report.
If you see anything on this web site that you believe to be incorrect, please contact the Webmaster .