Welcome to the web site of the Essex Association of Change Ringers
Founded at Writtle, near Chelmsford, in 1879 the Association predates the Diocese of Chelmsford by some 35 years. Its boundaries are those of the old county of Essex prior to 1st April 1965. With a membership of over 1000, the Association is committed to the furtherance of the work of the Church by ringing bells, promoting bells and bell ringers, and keeping the bells of Essex churches ringing. This is achieved by giving help and advice in the maintenance of bell installations, by making grants available for restoration and improvement projects, and by offering opportunities for training and advancement in 'method ringing'.
- Essex Young Ringers: We have recently set up a Young Ringers’ group which practices once a month. More information can be found in our Young Ringers section. Please encourage your young ringers to join in!
- Commemorating fallen ringers on the Every Man Remembered website: The Every Man Remembered website, run by the Royal British Legion, is working with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to keep alive the memory of those who fell in the First World War, for future generations.
- Bill Pepper: funeral (5 days, 10 hours ago)
- Striking Competition finals (5 days, 10 hours ago)
- Bill Pepper (6 days, 10 hours ago)
- Challenge 500 HOD (3 weeks ago)
- Central Council Review Action Group — can you help? (3 weeks ago)
Recent Association peals
Central Council news
- Society PROs Day at Wellesbourne - Saturday 25 February 2017 (2 weeks, 3 days ago): PR Officers – Save the date!
- Brian David Threlfall (3 weeks, 2 days ago): Brian David Threlfall died on 3rd June 2016.
- New CCCBR web site (3 weeks, 2 days ago): New web site (work in progress) now available for evaluation.
Further information can be obtained from the Hon. General Secretary , or in the Association's Annual Report.
If you see anything on this web site that you believe to be incorrect, please contact the Webmaster .